We are delighted to be joined by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation to host a virtual event highlighting the incredible progress made by African countries in mobilising public and private domestic resources through national End Malaria Councils (EMCs) and End Malaria Funds (EMFs).
- Date: Tuesday 13 July 2021
- Time: Seattle: 9am (PDT), London: 5pm (BST), East Africa Time: 7pm
- Register to attend the webinar
EMCs and EMFs are country-owned and country-led mechanisms that help remove operational bottlenecks and resource gaps limiting the implementation of the national malaria strategic plan. Their members are senior leaders from across all sectors (public, private community) who have the ability to mobilise advocacy, action, resources, and accountability for the fight against malaria. EMCs and EMFs meet regularly with the NMCP to review the national malaria scorecard, discuss barriers to malaria control and elimination, and work collaboratively to overcome them.
In this webinar, you will learn:
- what are End Malaria Councils and Funds
- how EMCs and EMFs in countries like Zambia, Mozambique, and Eswatini mobilise multisectoral advocacy, action, resources and accountability
- how partners can support these initiatives
The webinar is being jointly hosted by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation and the African Leaders Malaria Alliance (ALMA).